Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to umwblogs.c3eunbyp19k6.us-east-1.rds.amazonaws.com:3306 (Connection timed out) in /home/umwblogs/public_html/wp-content/db.php on line 520
Crocs? Seriously? : Una ragazza americana
Livin the American Dream

When my boss was sporting these shoes around the office three years ago, I was a little taken aback. Now, Jen had always had questionable taste in fashion, but when she ensured me that these “Crocs” were popular among athletes, I was amazed at what fads Americans will think are cool. I am still in shock that people actually wear these shoes. If you own a pair, I’m not trying to judge you. I’m just…confused about the appeal of Crocs. Crocs were originally intended to be a boating/outdoor shoe because of its slip resistant, non-marking sole. The Crocs Company promises to continue cranking out these rubber, “lightweight, comfortable, slip-resistant, fashionable and functional shoe, which can be produced quickly and at an affordable price to our customers.” Appealing to everyone from college students, to professional chefs, to elementary school teachers, to nurses, Crocs can be purchased in a variety of sporting goods stores, such as Dick’s Sporting Goods, Modell’s, and online at the Crocs website. These shoes can be purchased in an array of colors, (because really, who DOESN’T want a bright yellow, rubber, chunky shoe?) for around $29.99 (you can upgrade your Crocs, but the original model can be purchased at this price). Crocs are so popular that discount stores like Walmart and Payless sell “frocs”, or, imitation crocs, for incredibly low prices.

So, I guess my boss Jen was ahead of her time. Crocs are a huge phenomenon! They are comfortable, lightweight, good for use outdoors, and have been deemed stylish by the general American public. Also, they are generally affordable. Americans don’t seem to care that they’re not the most chic shoe on the market; Americans are known for sacrificing style for comfort. The fact that they have been deemed one of the “ultimate styles for the summer” is almost enough to make me want to go out and buy them in every color. Almost.

http://www.crocs.com/